Valentine’s Day is around the corner and we’ve got some great ideas for the horse-inclined. Feel free to share this post with your loved ones with the subject line: “Hint, Hint!”
- Beautiful and meaningful jewelry and fobs made with your own horses’ hair. Brittany Fantarella has a diverse array of items she can create with mane and/or tail hair you send to her. Check it out here.
- New jeans! Denim Express has Wranglers, Cruel Girl, Carhartt, and even its own Made in America brand. Free shipping on orders over $70. Read more here.
- Books and Music: Current favorite CD’s are Wylie Gustafson’s Hang-n-Rattle and Paul Zarzyski’s double CD of poetry and music, Steering with my Knees. Feeling more contemplative? When you order A Rider’s Reader: Exploring Horse Sense, Science & Sentiment, we’ll include goodies like bumperstickers and lip balms. Holiday special, just $15. Order here.
- Leggings: Kathy Threlfall, owner of Fringe Western Wear and Leatherwork, makes exquisite custom chaps, armitas, and chinks with delicate tooling and stylish colors. Check them out.
- Why not shoot for the moon? Western Sky Saddlery has the best prices on the best saddles around. Elaine and Terry Welland are wonderfully helpful and knowledgeable. Check out your options here.